Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Friday, August 29, 2008

Visitors!

No, silly! Not for real (unless you count the kid pushing a newspaper subscription)...I'm talking visitors on my blog.

I have been using MapStats by Blogflux to track my visitors. The basic conclusion is MapStats SUCKS! At least a couple of weeks a month the tracker will go haywire and not count any visitors for sometimes days on end. I have even sent them emails...with no reply. Today, I am fed up! According to MapStats (which sucks) there has been no visitor to my blog since Saturday last. I know that can't be true as I've had comments since then! Goodbye MapStats, you suck!

Hello Site Meter! See it on my sidebar? It's kinda cute and it's green! Woo! It even let me add the visitors I had counted before I put it on, although the actual number must be a lot higher since half the time MapStats wasn't working. I am looking forward to a nice long relationship with my new cutie.

Okay, I'm officially nutz! It must be stitching blogger's posting withdrawal. I've been exchange stitching and I can't post what I'm doing...right? Careful, it may be contagious!

11 comments:

CJ said...

Hey girl -

Your not nuts you are just stanidng up for your right to have a good counter on your blog. Never give up!!!!

Happy stitching.

CJ

Chiloe said...

I also like blog patrol because it lets you lnow how people arrive on your blog (which words they typed to find you: sometimes it's funny.)

I also love my FEEDJIT which tells you from where are the people coming from. It's really nice. Maybe it's my favorite.

I miss looking at your stitching ;-)

CathE said...

I use sitemeter and I haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of!). Here's to a happy new relationship for you.

Lindsay said...

I know just what you mean, according to my Mapstats I've not had visitors at all for the last 7 days so all those that have read and commented must be invisible people (So long as they tell me how they did it I'll let them off :) ). Let us know how you get on with Site Meter

Anonymous said...

I agree that sitemeter is better I had both and the mapstats was always disappearing,hope you have more luck with sitemeter.
I use the wordpress stats now!

Pumpkin said...

LOL! What's the difference between Site Meter and just getting a regular counter Sharon?

Annie said...

Site Meter looks cool. I'll have to look into that. I've been using Google Analytics, but I don't know if that one has a way to show a widget on my blog.

Lelia said...

I have a meter, too. Am usually surprised at the number of visitors per day & few comments!!! Yeah, I know, ppl are just busy bees : )

Enjoy the week-end

Julie said...

I thought being a little 'nuts' was the entry requirement for a stitcher LOL

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Site Meter! I think it is interesting to see who visits and where they are from. Good luck, I hope you have a nice long relationship with your new cutie.

Melanie said...

You have a very nice, inspirational blog, and I'm glad I found it! I will enjoy reading it.