Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Monday, October 13, 2008

Exchanges ~ Gahh!

I love exchanges. It is so exciting creating something special and mailing it off! It is especially fun when your project turns out perfect. The worst thing about exchanges is being a stitching blogger and not being able to post pictures or chat about what you are stitching! I'm in the middle of a rash of exchange stitching so I can only rarely post. Grump! So...I decided I'd share one of my favorite exchange finishes today.

I repeat, this is an old finish!

This is from an EMS sachet exchange I did last year-before I began blogging. The exchange was recipient's choice and mine chose "cute bears." Well, the cutest bear I know is Margaret Sherry's Archie Bear from the UK's Cross Stitcher Magazine. So, I stitched Archie "Thinking of You" (sitting on a log) from the December 2005 issue. On the back of the sachet, I stitched a little part of the Archie design "Head Over Heels" (ladybugs and butterflies) from the July 2005 issue, and stitched our EMS screen names and the date. I loved the way this sachet turned out. I used the selvage edge for the hem and tied it up with a white bow. I really, really wanted to keep it for myself but I sent it off to Linda from Stargazer's Haven.


I have a couple of questions & such from recent comments to answer...

Someone mentioned putting the eyelet through the stitching on the floss ring tag I made...yes, I did, although I put a dab of Fray Stop on where I cut the hole through. Regarding the rings; in the USA, Wal-Mart carries colored book rings. They are stocked with the office/school supplies with such things as push pins.

Several people have commented and emailed regarding how I finished the cube. Vonna has great finishing instructions on her blog The Twisted Stitcher. I followed those and it was super easy! And the bow? I googled "how to make a bow" and it came up with several links to crafts sites and Youtube videos. After watching a few videos that bow was simple to make, as well!

28 comments:

Julie said...

A very cute finish even if its an older one.

Lindsay said...

I know exactly what you mean about exchange stitching I've got a couple to do myself over the next month or so, that's when I start posting pics of framed projects!

Cindy F. said...

I LOVE this! It's too cute!!

Clara said...

He's adorable!

Pumpkin said...

That is SO adorable Sharon! No wonder you didn't want to part with it ;o)

Anonymous said...

Archie bear is cute and I love the sachet!

Vicki said...

Cute work hun!

crazybeads said...

Sharon this little bag is so cute..

AND so are the little labybugs on the back he he

Linda will cherish this for sure.

Christine said...

I know what you mean about exchanges. There they sit, mocking you, "Look at me, aren't I lovely? You can't post me, nahnah na nahnah"...

Srinity said...

I am a newbie on exchanges since I haven't sent/received any yet. I am taking part in two exchanges at the moment so soon I'll be able to enjoy them like you do. :)

I love that little sachet you made. I feel you when you say you would have liked to keep it yourself, it's so pretty! I bet Linda was over the moon when she received it.

Sue said...

Maragret Sherry designs are really sweet...and you have done a gr8 job!

Annie said...

That bear is such a cutie and he really pops out on that color fabric. I like the ladybugs and butterflies on the back too. Clever idea to to use the selvage edge for the top. Makes a very clean finish.

Ginnie said...

Oh Archie is such a cute choice, it looks great. I think I would have wanted to keep it too!

Jo said...

very cute. I'm sure your exchange partners will be getting something extra special...

Chiloe said...

I remember that one !! I love the bear. I want mine on another color because I'm not too fond of greens;-) Thanks !!! lol

Paisley said...

Archie is adorable! I like the ladybugs on the back, too!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I agree - at times my blog looks like I'm not doing any stitching because it's all exchange or gift work - but I just love exchanges and can never resisit signing up.

As for the bear - I love him :)

Rachel S-H said...

That is so cute!

Angela said...

Archie is really cute you did a very nice job with the finishing too!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable bear!!! Isn't Margaret Sherry the designer of the "Daffycat"?? I just started my "daffycat" - hope you don't mind -I totally fell in love with it.

Cross stitcher is a great magazine. I've never seen it on this side of the pond.

The lady bugs make me just smile- it's those little touches that just make the project.

Lillie said...

Very adorable indeed and a great idea for the back.

Kathy A. said...

That is one cute bag. Although posting pictures has to wait don't you just love exchanges.

Carol R said...

Pretty sachet - such a cute little bear and adorable ladybugs on the back!

Kathleen said...

I love the litle sack. It is so cute! Kathy from the Blig Blog

tkdquintmom said...

Who cares girl if it's on old one...it a cute one!

Lori said...

Thanks for your note of sympathies on my blog. I really appreciate it.
{{{HUGZ}}} back. :o)

Gina E. said...

I love all your work, Sharon, but the one at the top of your blog is adorable! Cheeky kitty all tangled up in the stitching - LOL!

Olga said...

Your little sachet with this cyte bear is so adorable! Great job!