Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Blank

Yes, my title is "blank" because I can't think of anything very interesting to write about today.

I've finished the "disaster" snowman. He turned out alright. Not my best work by a long shot, it's mostly the fabrics' fault...it made the stitches go scrunched. Messy looking stitching drives me nuts. I only need to add the trim and it will be ready for mailing. I am hoping to have it finished tomorrow, after buying wider ribbon!

Started the second snowman exchange today and was able to complete quite a bit of it. And no scrunching on the stitches! That got me to thinking...I haven't heard from my partner for weeks and I am not sure she even wants to continue...? I hope so!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats for getting it done. I just need to make mine up and I'll do that this afternoon after I get back from my beading class

Wendy said...

I'm sure your snowman is just great!! reminds me of my "Grubby angel" where my white floss got grubby and I hated her! LOL!
Good luck with the 2nd snowman..Happy stitching..x..

Lori-Ann said...

Everyone has an "off project" now and then. Try not to stress too much.

The cartoon is very cute. She showed talent early on. Looking forward to more. :o)

Pumpkin said...

I'm glad to hear that you stuck with it Sharon :o)

Jean said...

I feel your pain about grubby. I did a red alphabet and the background looked all dirty as if the red gave off a red dust. It came out ok in the end, but it was a drag when I couldn't finish it. Can't wait to see a pic!

tkdquintmom said...

Gee! For a minute there when I saw the title of this entry, I thought you had caught me staring into space again! LOL :-)

Tammy said...

I too enjoy perfect pretty stitches!