Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Monday, November 17, 2008

RAK! Again!

Jessie was leaving the house and came back in with a puffy envelope.
I didn't order anything.
It's from 123 Stitch?
Holy cow, it's a RAK!

I ripped it (carefully) open in three seconds flat. WOW! Two (count 'em) charts from Sisters and Best Friends...Pear Sampler and Autumn Thanks. From my wish list! OMG stash! This comes from Barb in Australia. Barb doesn't blog but she does keep a photo album. Can you read the note sent with it? It says "For the best ever floss mom. Love Barb in OZ" Awww! That is so nice! OMG I better get stitching...I haven't finished Summer Joy yet!!!

Thank you, Barb!
I will enjoy these so very much.

Now, for those of you asking for more of Jessie's work. Recap: Jessie is a Theatre Technologies student so the majority of her creativity these days gets channeled into costumes, props and items for class. Ta da! Here is a little sample.
This first picture is a character head for a mascot costume. Jess made this just because she is awesome. Yes, it is wearable; you can see through those eyes and it doesn't feel anything like wearing a Halloween costume. It really kind of creepy to put that head on and it's like you become that character...
This dashing chapeau was created for costumes class this semester. Way cool. The kid can make cool hats!!! I'll try to post up more of her work as I can.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Deadlines. I fails thems.
A heartfelt apology to my exchange partner...your snowman won't get mailed until tomorrow. I was able to finish it though and what are you looking at me like that for? Yes, I know I organized this exchange and I'm the last one who should be late. Hey, chill out it's only one day late! I promise, it goes out in tomorrow's mail...




24 comments:

Theresa said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!!

That custom is way cool!!!! Love the hat!!

Suzanne said...

what a cool rak!!!

I like your daughter's work. I want to see more comics.

Suzanne

Sharon said...

Great RAK! Lucky you. Enjoy!

Olga said...

What a wonderful gift! I just love Jessie's works!

Natalija said...

It must be so nice to get unexpected presents :)

Christine said...

What a lovely RAK, those charts are just gorgeous, and as for that hat. Wow! Its stunning

mainely stitching said...

Wow, Jessie ROCKS! :D

Congratulations on the RAK. :D

Lindsay said...

Great RAK. Jessie's work is gorgeous

Wendy said...

Your Daughter is amazing!!!!!! That hat should be on show somewhere it is beautiful!!!!!! She has such an incredible talent!
What fun to get gifts in the post huh!! Lovely!
Wend..xx..

Karen said...

What a lovely surprise - you must be a great floss mum!

I LOVE that hat, the feathers really complete it!

Annie said...

Wow! Aren't you lucky! A great surprise gift and an incredibly talented daughter!

Julie said...

A lovely RAK, pretty charts. Jessie's work is so cool!
I'm looking forward to seeing the 'scrunched up stitches' snowman when you can show it.

Chiloe said...

Lucky girl !!! What? you are reading me? YOu should be stitching already !!! lol

BTW, your daughter is very talented ;-)

Cindy F. said...

Your daughter is truly talented!
Unbelievable costume head and hat!

and what a wonderful RAK!!! Such a nice treat and surprise. Great charts!

Kendra said...

*VERY* cool costume items! She can make Halloween costumes for my kiddos anytime...LOL!

Rachel S-H said...

Awesome RAK.

Your daughter is so talented! That head is awesome and that hat is wonderful. They didn't teach us that in costume class.

Natasha said...

Terrific surprise. Very sweet of her....

Love the costume. Great job.
Thanks for stopping by
Natasha

Jo said...

wow, Jessie is amazing. I'd wear that hat (not sure where though...). What a lovely RAK! Can't wait to 'meet' disaster snowman...

Kathy A. said...

What a great RAK. Floss moms are just sooo cool.
Love that hat - it has such character.

tkdquintmom said...

Very cool! Are stitchy friends the best ever!? I LOVE the costumes. How cool are those?

AnnMcD said...

WOW! to both the great RAK and to Jessie's creations!

Pumpkin said...

Oh, that was VERY nice of her :o) You're working towards the whole set or are you already there? LOL!

How cool is that! She sure is talented.

Lori said...

Now Jesse has one more fan!
LOVE that hat and wolfie... I can see that hat ON the wolfie... even better!! LOL. I always loved hats.

Congrats on the RAK!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. Your Jess is realy talented.