Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tagged by Annie

Annie tagged me for the bookworm meme...

The rules:
1) Pass this on to 5 blogging friends.
2) Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.
3) Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that...

I am currently reading Standard of Honor by Jack Whyte, a whopping 774 pages. I love historical fiction and I love long books. This is Whytes' second Templar Novel...

Page 56:

"The first one worked wonders for you, so this next one should do even more, and if you improve as much between now and tonight as you did yesterday, then you'll be able to walk on your own and I will not have to break my back again."

He busied himself then mixing the powder with water while Sinclair watched, and when he was done, the sick man swallowed the potion down obediently, with only the wrinkling of his nose denoting any unpleasantness of thought or taste.

"I'm going out now, and as I say, it ought not to take me long, but we are in the desert, so it makes sense to take precautions against my being delayed. I might get lost, or have an accident, or even meet some of Allah's faithful servants. You are not strong enough to come looking for me and it would be foolish of you to even try. I'll leave this bag of food above you, hanging from this peg provided by our thoughtful host, and with it will be this bag of water. I'll take some food and the smaller water bag with me, since it is lighter," He tilted his head, smiling down at Sinclair, whose eyes were now dull and unfocused beneath fluttering lashes as he fought against the powerful opiate. "Alec? Can you still hear me? Your eyes are closing. Will you remem..."

Thanks for the blog idea Annie, I needed one today!

Notes.

Lori, I knew you'd like that kung fu lamb!

Suzanne, yes, Jessie reads my blog. She appreciates the positive feedback very much.

Terri, tell your son he is that good. Jess liked his Star Wars comic and said it was very sophisticated and complex.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, my son says thank you. It means a lot to him.

tkdquintmom said...

LOL! :-) Have a great Thanksgiving.

Annie said...

774 pages is a lot of pages. Really cuts into your stitching time!

Hope your turkey day was a good one!