Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Belle of Belfast

I'll tell me ma when I go home,
The boys won't leave the girls alone.
They pulled my hair, they stole my comb,
But that's all right 'til I go home.

She is handsome, she is pretty,
She's the belle of Belfast City,
She goes courtin', a one, two, three
Please won't you tell me who is she?


I never shared my finished Irish chain quilt with you. I must have been very tired when I took these extremely unflattering photos of it! It is so snuggly. I should know, I snuggle underneath it almost every afternoon!


I quilted it with a nice crosshatch between the points. It's bound with leftover scraps.


Design ~ Irish Chain
Fabric ~ Paula Barnes Companions, Jelly Roll and Miniature Gatherings, yardage.
Size ~ 70 x 81 inches

This was an incredibly fun project. As soon as it was finished I was fighting the impulse to begin another one...if I hadn't had the t-shirt project to start I'm sure I would have given in! One day I will make another one, maybe in postage stamp size. I only have like ten or twelve projects planned out in my head. Waiting their turn.

Thank you for visiting my blog today!
xox



8 comments:

moosecraft said...

Awesome! Missouri Star does such a nice job of making quilting friendly! And, her shortcuts make it quick to have a functional (yet beautiful) quilt in no time at all! Happy quilting! :-)

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks very snuggly! Way to go on your quilt making!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I LOVE it! So pretty and I love the multiple binding colors. Nothing better than snuggling under a soft quilt.

Khristine Doiron said...

It is gorgeous!! And I love the idea of using your scraps for binding! And I may or may not have had a little sing by myself when I read/sang the top part :)

Carol said...

Oh, what a gorgeous quilt, Sharon--I love the colors!

Sue J said...

It's just gorgeous!

Julie said...

Your bed does look inviting with the beautiful quilt atop it.

Bea said...

Beautifully done! In this house, I'd have to fight the cats for it.