There are some things I just can't do without when I'm stitching. I know that all you really need to cross stitch is fabric, thread, needle, scissors and pattern but I'm sure all of us have those few things we just can't settle to stitch without.
Here are a few of my essential stitching supplies.
1. Not pictured, but I can't do without my scanner/printer. It's so handy to make a copy of the pattern that I can mark all over and still keep my original in good condition. Not to mention I need to print out the thousands of freebie designs I've accumulated.
2. My Crayola colored pencils for marking up said copied patterns.
3. The little magnetic Sheepie needle minder I got from Holly when I won a giveaway on her blog. I use this little beauty every day, I'd be lost without it.
4. The button tin I received from Lindsay for my birthday. I use this when I travel, it is perfect to hold my little scissors and needlecase and I can put my ORTs inside to keep them safe until I return home. I'm a little obsessive about my ORTs.
5. The scissors I received as an RAK from Jill and the fob from a giveaway by Ranae. These small scissors fit perfectly in the button tin and the smooth fob is unobtrusive.
6. Thread Heaven. I don't use this all the time but when I use overdyed thread or blending filament it is invaluable at keeping knots away.
7. My Dololly for frogging and ending too-short threads. I rarely need this but when I do I don't know how I ever got along without it.
8. My Ott-Lite, also not pictured. My eyes aren't as young anymore. I just have a little desk top model. I use it when I stitch, especially in the evening. I also use it when I take photos so I don't have to use the flash which washes out pictures of stitching.
What are your essentials? I'd love to see them. It is great to learn new tricks and tips from my stitching sisters.
Thank you for visiting my blog today!