Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blooming


Here is a photo of my Sansevieria plant. A couple of days ago it came up with a flower stalk. This is significant because I've had this plant for 20 years and this is the first time it has bloomed! I wish you could smell how fragrant...it's perfume is lovely! I've heard this plant called a mother in laws tongue or snake plant. Also heard you can force one to bloom by putting it inside a clear plastic bag and adding apples. The chemicals from the apples as they ripen trigger the plant to bloom. Or you can wait 20 years like I did. Isn't patience a virtue?

1 comment:

crazybeads said...

Sharon is this plant also called
a Mother-in Law's Tongue??I have never seen a flower on it either.You must be doing something right.I kill every plant I have.Is yours inside or outside?

Crazy