Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Feeling lazy

I'm up early today; cleaning house and trying to get in the mood for getting ready for work this afternoon. Blah, work! I had a GRAND time in OKC yesterday. We went shopping for stash and I was able to get the rest of the DMC Barb needed. When I pointed out to my dad that Hobby Lobby doesn't carry every DMC color he was (very sweetly) disgusted. What if your pattern call for that color? Jo Ann fabrics saved the day and I got the needed colors. I also got several packages of glass head pins in different colors. I'd like to make more pin-keeps...they turn out so pretty. Shame on me, I ended up with yet another cross stitch pattern book...

My EMS Christmas Ornament exchange has been received and here are the photos:


Didn't it turn out sweet?




This design, Star of Wonder, is by Ellen Chester of With My Needle. It called for an octagon shape but I liked the circle instead. It is a mixture of over two and over one on 32 count Belfast linen which I dyed myself. I'm thinking I must make one for myself now too!
I had a pressie arrive from Australia...Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading Christmas issue. Oh thank you, Barb! I'm in stash overload this week!

4 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

That is lovely ,Well done!

crazybeads said...

Hi Sharon
Your Star of Wonder Ornie is so beautiful.Love the dyed fabby.Who's a clever lady????

Glad the mag arrived.Must have taken the long way he he.Enjoy it.
Crazybeads

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely embroidery!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands

Laura said...

I love this ornament and I think the round shape is gorgeous: Now you should really make one for yourself