Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snowman exchange again

Lisa sent word the package I sent her for the Snowman exchange has arrived. This is affectionately known as Disaster Snowman but I do have proper info listed below! This is the design that gave me so much trouble. I finally decided to completely finish him before giving him up and I'm glad I did. After washing and iron-blocking his stitched settled and he looked fine. I backed him in the fabric he is photographed on.



Design~Candy Cane Snowmen from The Cross Stitcher (USA) Dec 2004.
Designer~Ursula Michael
Fabric~32 count Belfast, hand-dyed with blue Rit.
Fiber~DMC
Finish~Ornament




Here is the entire exchange parcel I sent. Lots of fun snowman goodies. There were so many 1/2 price sales and $1 items; I was able to fill out a good sized box. I think Lisa was pleased. I really enjoyed hosting the exchange and I hope to do it again some time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I cooked a turkey dinner...it was a mini-Thanksgiving of our own. We are always guests for dinner so we usually cook a turkey of our own so we can have turkey sandwiches. Yum! OSU lost the game so Rick buys dinner. Again. I picked them up after the game and it took me a good 45 minutes to drive home with all the traffic! I think they both had a good time together. My second snowman is all ready to finish but I was too busy cooking turkey to put it together. I have stitched a lot on Summer Joy the past couple of days and will update with a picture of it soon.
Thank you for reading my blog today!

24 comments:

tkdquintmom said...

Get your tree up woman! lol....Love the snowman goodies...and I love the fabby...cute cute cute

Suzanne said...

Oh, Disaster Snowman is really Darling Snowman! I love the backing fabric. That was a great snowman package...want me to send you my address?! LOL

Suzanne

Theresa said...

This snowman is cute~~~~~and the package is fabulous!!!!!

Carolyn said...

What a wonderful exchange! I just love the ornament. Great job!! :)

Srinity said...

Adorable snowman. All the goodies are so cute too!

Next time you host an exchange I'd love to take part if it's international. :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely snowman, great work.

Anonymous said...

Fab ornie!!great extras as well!

Wendy said...

What a lovely thoughtful package!!! The snowman is far, far from disasterous!!! He's lovely!! ..x..

Lisa said...

He really is cute - glad you were able to fix him!

Julie said...

He's a cutie, lots of nice extras you enclosed too.

Poor Rick, i'm sorry his team lost (again!)

Angela said...

I just love this Snowman, i'm glad you didn't give up on him, I think it looks terrific :)

Lori said...

Great job on that Snowman package!

BW said...

I think the snowman came out great. And what a wonderful package to get in the mail. She was certainly a lucky lady. :D

Annie said...

I can't believe you were worried about that snowman. He's just gorgeous. And what a great package you put together!

Rachel S-H said...

That is a great exchange.

Christine said...

He isn't a disasterat all, he's lovely.

Pumpkin said...

I saw him on her Blog and I think he's adorable! I don't see what was so disasterous about him. I'd take him home :o)

Olga said...

The snowman is really very cute, it's good you finishe it!

Becky K in OK said...

Great snowman exchange. Everything in it is so cool.

Lindsay said...

Love the ornament, what a fab load of goodies

Cindy F. said...

Disaster Snowman is ADORABLE!!
Great finish!

Sharon said...

What a lucky exchange partner you have! Oh, such a cute snowman!! Love the rest of the goodies too!!

Sharon said...

Pretty exchange!

Lillie said...

So cute !