Daffy's Stitchy Friends

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blogoversary & SAL request revisited

Jean has let me know she received my blogoversary drawing gift. I sent her a big box of Christmas finishing supplies. It was lots of fun choosing what to include!
In the end, I stayed home yesterday. I figured it would be such poor taste to share my cold with unsuspecting others. Thank you all for the get-well-wishes; I don't feel too bad, just a bit run-down and I can't stop sneezing. I did get some great stitching time and was able to read blogs to my hearts content.

I have begun kitting up my Crabby All Year project. I am still looking for stitch-a-long partners if anyone is interested. Click the link above to see my original post. Click here to see the project I am planning, it's the fourth design down. I have purchased the floss and ordered the fabric. I chose Silkweaver's Days Gone By in 32 count Lugana. What do you think? I still need to order the buttons. OMG, they are $43.00 from 123 Stitch. It's hard to swallow that expense...I might ask for them for Christmas.

15 comments:

Julie said...

A gorgeous gift for Jean.

Hope you are feeling better.

Chiloe said...

$43 for buttons? You must be kidding :-o Designers should think of us before to add those expensive fancy buttons ... I know the finish is great but still ...

You sent nice things to Jean: what a lucky gal !!! :-)

Hope you feel better ;)

Ranae said...

super nice gift sent to jean, lucky duck her.
I like Crabby All Year, never seen that one.
I do hope you get feeling better

Pumpkin said...

What a FUN package you sent! Great idea :o)

Are you serious? $43 just for the buttons???? OUCH!

Miokka said...

Bless you! Hope you feel better soon. Nice gift box.
Are the buttons available on Stitches and Things website? They have a sale Friday morning 11/28 from 6 am to 8 am, 50% off one item! Check it out!
~~Martha~~

Dani - tkdchick said...

That would be a fun box to receive!!!

Olga said...

Hope you are feeling better. What a stunning gift you sent to Jean!

Theresa said...

What a fabulous package!! Jean is one lucky girl~~

Christine said...

What a great parcel you put together.
I'm still trying to get hold of those Crabby patterns. If I do manage to find them over here I'm up for a SAL

Yuko said...

Lucky Jean!
Super gorgeous gift!!

Annie said...

Great gift package. And Days Gone By looks like a perfect color. But when you get those buttons, better keep them under lock and key. That's one expensive set of buttons.

Cyn said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Great finishing package!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Tammy said...

Great package---feel better soon!

Hazel said...

Wow what a great parcel! Lucky lucky Jean! xx

Lillie said...

What a great package...
Get well soon.