A quick post today. I've made some progress toward ornamentifying this afternoon. Today I sewed on the teeniest buttons. I found these unexpectedly at Hobby Lobby last Saturday and was thrilled to discover they fit this project! This has been languishing in my finished bin wanting buttons. I stitched this last year but did it over one, not thinking it needed buttons and even the smallest I had were way too big. I could have used beads but I really, really wanted buttons. I'm so glad I waited!
After I sewed on the buttons and chose a backing fabric (green & tan gingham) I ironed lightweight interfacing on both pieces. Maybe tomorrow I will have time to sew it together.
For those that have asked, this is Plum Berry Sampler from Bent Creek. Yes, if you open that link you will see mine looks very little like the original. I modified the colors and gave the birdie a top-knot to make this into a Christmas design.
Thank you for visiting my blog today!